Application: Voluntary year at Frankfurt LAB
A year behind the scenes of an artistic laboratory?!
From September 2020 to August 2021, we’d like to offer you the possibility to take part in a voluntary year of social services in culture at Frankfurt LAB!
You want to get more than a look behind the scenes of an “extraordinary theatre”? You are curious to learn more about how ballet evenings, theatre projects or operas are organised? You’re up for trying your hand at a wide-range of tasks, supporting stage technicians and artists? You’re interested in social media and online communications?
Then a voluntary social year at Frankfurt LAB sounds perfect for you!
What will your tasks be?
- organising and supervising events
- taking care of artists (welcoming, briefing and supporting them throughout their stay)
- supporting stage technicians at events: supporting technically complex get-ins and get-outs in Hall 1; independent supervision of student projects in Hall 2; maintenance work on for example, spotlights; buying materials ...
- public relations and communications work: taking care of the website, producing content for Facebook and Instagram; compiling press clippings and audience stats; answering audience enquiries
- general office organisation (writing emails, taking phone calls)
What experience and skills can you gain here?
- you will take on varied tasks in different fields so that you can figure out your own interests
- get an in-depth look into the technical demands of planning and running big events
- encounter international artists, collectives and institutions and their ways of working
- gain insight into our five partner institutions Dresden Frankfurt Dance Company, Ensemble Modern, Frankfurt University of Music and Performing Arts and Künstlerhaus Mousonturm
- work with a small, friendly team that is always open for questions and is happy to share their knowledge
If you are up for these exciting tasks, and you are creative, curious and open-minded, then check out the LKB Hessen and apply via their portal until 15th March 2020!
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, genderqueer people, people of all nationalities, Black people and People of Colour. The representation of the cultural diversity of our society is important for us in a place like Frankfurt LAB. We also support gender equality for people of all genders as well as the compatibility of family and work.