Voluntary social year at Frankfurt LAB
One year behind the scenes of an artistic laboratory?!
From September 2021 to August 2022, you have the opportunity take part in a voluntary year of social services in culture at Frankfurt LAB!
You want to get more than a look behind the scenes of an “extraordinary theatre”? You are curious to learn more about how ballet evenings, theatre projects or operas are organised? You’re up for trying your hand at a wide-range of tasks, supporting stage technicians and artists? You’re interested in social media and online communications?
Then a voluntary social year at Frankfurt LAB is the perfect fit for you!
What will your specific activities be?
• organising and supervising events
• taking care of artists (welcoming, briefing and supporting them throughout their stay)
• supporting stage technicians at events: assisting the set-up and dismantling of technically complex constructions in hall 1; independent supervision of student projects in Hall 2; maintenance work on for example, spotlights; buying materials ...
• press and public relations work: taking care of the website, producing content for Facebook and Instagram; compiling press clippings and audience stats; answering audience questions
• general office organisation (writing emails, taking phone calls)
What experience and skills can you gain here?
• diverse tasks in different fields of activity so that you can discover you own interests and focal points
• get an in-depth look into the technical demands of planning and running big events
• encounters with international artists, collectives and institutions as well as their methods of working
• gain insights into our five partner institutions Dresden Frankfurt Dance Company, Ensemble Modern, Frankfurt University of Music and Performing Arts and Künstlerhaus Mousonturm
• work with a small, friendly team that is always open for questions and is happy to pass on its knowledge
If you feel up to these exiting tasks, are creative, curious and open-minded, then check out the LKB Hessen and apply via their portal until 15.03.2021! We look forward to getting to know you!
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, genderqueer people, people of all nationalities, Black people and People of Colour. The representation of the cultural diversity of our society is important for us in a place like Frankfurt LAB. We also support gender equality for people of all genders as well as the compatibility of family and work.